Sunday 13 August 1911
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Die Ballhaus-Anna, directed by Walter Schmidthssler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 August 1911!
Which were the important events of 13 August 1911 ?
- International Lefthanders Day
- St. Wigbert
- RC saints - Pontianus and Hippolytus, Radegunde (help against the pox), Cassianus of Imola (patron of shorthand-writers)
- In Brasil, Friday 13 August (agosto) is considered to be especially filled with sorrow (desgosto)
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 6 saints: St. Hippolytus
- St. Cassian
- St. John Berchmans
- St. John Bosco
- St. Radegund
- Roman festivals - Vertumnalias in honor of Vertumnus, and also Diana, on the Aventine hill
- Johannes Prassek: German Catholic priest, and one of the Lübeck martyrs, guillotined on 10 November 1943 for opposing the Nazi regime of Adolf Hitler in 1943.
- (Gaultier) Raymondys: France Actor.
- Claude Sainval: German-born French actor.
- William Bernbach: American advertiser, co-founder of Dyle, Dane, and Bernbach (now DDB) (d. 1982).
- Paul Payrau: L'Isle en Dodon physician.
- Isabelle D'Orléans-Bragance: French historical author and consort of the Orleanist pretender, Henri, Count of Paris. She became by marriage titular Countess of Paris.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1911 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- That Was Before I Met You (solo version) - Walter Van Brunt
- That was Before I Met You - Ada Jones & Walter Van Brunt
- Turn Off Your Light, Mr. Moon Man - Nora Bayes & Jack Norworth
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in August 1911?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 13 August 1911 and get them!