Tuesday 13 August 1912
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jan Peeters and Metten Koornstra.
The Blind Man's Sacrifice, directed by Giuseppe de Liguoro, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1912.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 August 1912!
Which were the important events of 13 August 1912 ?
- International Lefthanders Day
- St. Wigbert
- RC saints - Pontianus and Hippolytus, Radegunde (help against the pox), Cassianus of Imola (patron of shorthand-writers)
- In Brasil, Friday 13 August (agosto) is considered to be especially filled with sorrow (desgosto)
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 6 saints: St. Hippolytus
- St. Cassian
- St. John Berchmans
- St. John Bosco
- St. Radegund
- Roman festivals - Vertumnalias in honor of Vertumnus, and also Diana, on the Aventine hill
- Jan Peeters: Dutch water colors painter / monumental artist.
- Metten Koornstra: Dutch painter / graphic artist.
- Rita Johnson: Worcester, Massachusetts -- Actress (Honolulu, All Mine to Give).
- Salvador E Luria: Italian / US biologist (Nobel prize 1969).
- Max Croiset: Dutch actor who appeared in 30 films between 1934 and 1993.
- Harold Frye: American astrologer, a member of AFA in May 1976.
- Salvador Luria: Italian writer, teacher and biologist. Receiving an MD in 1935 in Turin, he taught bacteriology from 1943-1964 and moved to the U.S. in 1970. Awarded the Nobel Prize in 1969 for Physiology and Medicine, he was the author of "General Virology" in 1953.
- Claire Cribbs: American basketball player and coach (d. 1985)
- Ben Hogan: Golfer (Masters, British Open, US Open-1953), dies at 84
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1912 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- A Stein Song - Reed Miller
- Under the Love Tree - Heidelberg Quintet
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in August 1912?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?