Wednesday 13 August 1930
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
For the Defense, directed by John Cromwell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 August 1930!
Which were the important events of 13 August 1930 ?
- International Lefthanders Day
- St. Wigbert
- RC saints - Pontianus and Hippolytus, Radegunde (help against the pox), Cassianus of Imola (patron of shorthand-writers)
- In Brasil, Friday 13 August (agosto) is considered to be especially filled with sorrow (desgosto)
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 6 saints: St. Hippolytus
- St. Cassian
- St. John Berchmans
- St. John Bosco
- St. Radegund
- Roman festivals - Vertumnalias in honor of Vertumnus, and also Diana, on the Aventine hill
- Bernard Manning: British stand-up comic known as being abusive, racist and crude…but hilarious as seen by his immense popularity at clubs all over the UK.
- Don Ho: Hawaiian entertainer, singer and showman.
- Heino Jurisalu: Composer.
- Marquess Camden: .
- Robert Monclar: France sport Champion.
- Tom Barrett: American business administrator, industrial relations specialist and CEO of Goodyear Tire Corporation, which lost its No.1 spot after fierce competition with Michelin. Barrett has a BS in business management, a BS in business administration and a MS in industrial relations.
- Wilmer David Mizell: American baseball player (d. 1999)
- Wilfried Hilker: German footballer and referee
- Wilmer Mizell: American baseball player and politician (d. 1999)
- Bob Wiesler: American baseball player (d. 2014)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 13 August 1930 and get them!