Sunday 13 August 1933
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Morning Glory, directed by Lowell Sherman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 August 1933!
Which were the important events of 13 August 1933 ?
- International Lefthanders Day
- St. Wigbert
- RC saints - Pontianus and Hippolytus, Radegunde (help against the pox), Cassianus of Imola (patron of shorthand-writers)
- In Brasil, Friday 13 August (agosto) is considered to be especially filled with sorrow (desgosto)
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 6 saints: St. Hippolytus
- St. Cassian
- St. John Berchmans
- St. John Bosco
- St. Radegund
- Roman festivals - Vertumnalias in honor of Vertumnus, and also Diana, on the Aventine hill
- Louis Rosso: American biologist, chemist and CEO of Beckman Instruments, a subsidiary company of Smith Kline, a manufacturer of diagnostic equipment.
- Joycelyn Elders: American admiral and physician 15th Surgeon General of the United States.
- Madhur Jaffrey: Cookbook writer / actress (Shakespeare Wallah).
- Paul Joseph Guillaume Hillemacher: Composer, dies at 80.
- 16th PGA Championship: Gene Sarazen at Blue Mound Country Club - Milwaukee
- Jacques van Egmond becomes world champion amateur cyclist
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 13 August 1933 and get them!