Friday 13 August 1943
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Phantom of the Opera, directed by Arthur Lubin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1943.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 August 1943!
Which were the important events of 13 August 1943 ?
- International Lefthanders Day
- St. Wigbert
- RC saints - Pontianus and Hippolytus, Radegunde (help against the pox), Cassianus of Imola (patron of shorthand-writers)
- In Brasil, Friday 13 August (agosto) is considered to be especially filled with sorrow (desgosto)
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 6 saints: St. Hippolytus
- St. Cassian
- St. John Berchmans
- St. John Bosco
- St. Radegund
- Roman festivals - Vertumnalias in honor of Vertumnus, and also Diana, on the Aventine hill
- Gérard Deprez: Belgian politician, the president of the Walloon Christian Social Party (PSC) from 1981 to 1996.
- Gary Ilman: United States -- 100m freestyle (1964 Olympics - 4th Place).
- Susan Jameson: Actress (Secret World of Polly Flint).
- Yuri Fedorovich Isaulov: Russia -- Cosmonaut.
- Fred Hill: American football player.
- Michael Willetts: English sergeant George Cross recipient (d. 1971)
- Red army recaptures Spas-Demensk
- WWII: Rome is declared an open city.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?