Friday 13 August 1943
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Gary Ilman and Susan Jameson.
Phantom of the Opera, directed by Arthur Lubin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 August 1943!
Which were the important events of 13 August 1943 ?
- International Lefthanders Day
- St. Wigbert
- RC saints - Pontianus and Hippolytus, Radegunde (help against the pox), Cassianus of Imola (patron of shorthand-writers)
- In Brasil, Friday 13 August (agosto) is considered to be especially filled with sorrow (desgosto)
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 6 saints: St. Hippolytus
- St. Cassian
- St. John Berchmans
- St. John Bosco
- St. Radegund
- Roman festivals - Vertumnalias in honor of Vertumnus, and also Diana, on the Aventine hill
- Gary Ilman: United States -- 100m freestyle (1964 Olympics - 4th Place).
- Susan Jameson: Actress (Secret World of Polly Flint).
- Yuri Fedorovich Isaulov: Russia -- Cosmonaut.
- Gérard Deprez: Belgian politician, the president of the Walloon Christian Social Party (PSC) from 1981 to 1996.
- Fred Hill: American football player.
- Michael Willetts: English sergeant George Cross recipient (d. 1971)
- Red army recaptures Spas-Demensk
- WWII: Rome is declared an open city.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 13 August 1943
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?