Sunday 13 August 1944
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include David Mahler and Robert Ryan.
The Falcon in Mexico, directed by William Berke, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
On TV people were watching Missus Goes A-Shopping.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 August 1944!
Which were the important events of 13 August 1944 ?
- International Lefthanders Day
- St. Wigbert
- RC saints - Pontianus and Hippolytus, Radegunde (help against the pox), Cassianus of Imola (patron of shorthand-writers)
- In Brasil, Friday 13 August (agosto) is considered to be especially filled with sorrow (desgosto)
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 6 saints: St. Hippolytus
- St. Cassian
- St. John Berchmans
- St. John Bosco
- St. Radegund
- Roman festivals - Vertumnalias in honor of Vertumnus, and also Diana, on the Aventine hill
- David Mahler: Composer.
- Robert Ryan: American bullfighter.
- Robert Stern: American TV executive, 2nd child.
- Kevin Tighe: American actor.
- Divina Galica: English skier and race car driver.
- British 8th army occupies Florence
- Generals Montgomery / Dempsey / Bradley discuss naderende breakthrough
- Jackie Gleason-Les Tremayne show premieres on NBC radio
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 13 August 1944
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1944 ?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?