Thursday 13 August 1953
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jimmy McCulloch and Tom Cohen.
In UK I Believe by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
The Cruel Sea, directed by Charles Frend, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while The Dark Angel by Mika Waltari was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Quatermass Experiment.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 August 1953!
Which were the important events of 13 August 1953 ?
- International Lefthanders Day
- St. Wigbert
- RC saints - Pontianus and Hippolytus, Radegunde (help against the pox), Cassianus of Imola (patron of shorthand-writers)
- In Brasil, Friday 13 August (agosto) is considered to be especially filled with sorrow (desgosto)
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 6 saints: St. Hippolytus
- St. Cassian
- St. John Berchmans
- St. John Bosco
- St. Radegund
- Roman festivals - Vertumnalias in honor of Vertumnus, and also Diana, on the Aventine hill
- Jimmy McCulloch: Rocker (Wings).
- Tom Cohen: American philosopher theorist and academic.
- Thomas Pogge: German philosopher and academic.
- Peter Wright: English historian and author.
- Dmitri Arakishvili: Composer, dies at 80.
- 4-5 million French go on strike against economizations
- President Eisenhower establishes Government Contract Compliance Committee
- US President Dwight Eisenhower establishes Government Contract Compliance Committee.
- Four million workers go on strike in France to protest against austerity measures.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1953 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?