Friday 13 August 1954
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Cara Mia by David Whitfield With Mantovani & His Orchestra was in the top 5 hits.
Robinson Crusoe, directed by Luis Buuel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Mary Anne by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1954.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 August 1954!
Which were the important events of 13 August 1954 ?
- International Lefthanders Day
- St. Wigbert
- RC saints - Pontianus and Hippolytus, Radegunde (help against the pox), Cassianus of Imola (patron of shorthand-writers)
- In Brasil, Friday 13 August (agosto) is considered to be especially filled with sorrow (desgosto)
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 6 saints: St. Hippolytus
- St. Cassian
- St. John Berchmans
- St. John Bosco
- St. Radegund
- Roman festivals - Vertumnalias in honor of Vertumnus, and also Diana, on the Aventine hill
- Rebecca Mark: North American business executive and CEO of an international water and waste treatment company.
- Nico Assumpcao: Brazilian bass player (d. 2001).
- Nico Assumpção: Brazilian bass player (d. 2001).
- Lincoln Diaz-Balart: (Rep-R-Florida).
- Hermann W S Waltershausen: German musicologist / composer, dies at 71.
- 21st NFL Chicago All-Star Game: Detroit 31, All-Stars 6 (93,470)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1954 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?