Wednesday 13 August 1958
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include David W Feherty and Scott Hamilton.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Poor Little Fool by Ricky Nelson.
In UK All I Have To Do Is Dream / Claudette by The Everly Brothers was in the top 5 hits.
The Fly, directed by Kurt Neumann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Anatomy Of A Murder by Robert Traver was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1958.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 August 1958!
Which were the important events of 13 August 1958 ?
- International Lefthanders Day
- St. Wigbert
- RC saints - Pontianus and Hippolytus, Radegunde (help against the pox), Cassianus of Imola (patron of shorthand-writers)
- In Brasil, Friday 13 August (agosto) is considered to be especially filled with sorrow (desgosto)
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 6 saints: St. Hippolytus
- St. Cassian
- St. John Berchmans
- St. John Bosco
- St. Radegund
- Roman festivals - Vertumnalias in honor of Vertumnus, and also Diana, on the Aventine hill
- David W Feherty: Bangor, North Ireland -- PGA golfer (1994 New England-2nd).
- Scott Hamilton: Toledo, Ohio -- Figure skater (1984 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Feargal Sharkey rocker (Undertones - "Never Never": "Good Heart").
- Randall Shughart: American Medal of Honor recipient (d. 1993).
- Domenico Dolce: Italian fashion designer, founded Dolce & Gabbana together with his life partner Stefano Gabbana in 1981.
- David Feherty: Northern Irish golfer and sportscaster
- Feargal Sharkey: Irish singer (The Undertones)
- Randy Shughart: American sergeant Medal of Honor recipient (d. 1993)
- Otto Witte: German acrobat and claimant to the Albanian throne (Born 1868).
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Ricky Nelson - Poor Little Fool
- Domenico Modugno - Nel Blu Dipinto Di Blu (Volare)
- Perez Prado and His Orchestra - Patricia
- Bobby Darin - Splish Splash
- Kalin Twins - When
- Jack Scott - My True Love
- Elvis Presley - Hard Headed Woman
- Duane Eddy - Rebel-'Rouser
- Johnny Otis Show - Willie And The Hand Jive
- Jimmy Clanton - Just A Dream
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?