Wednesday 13 August 1958
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of August people in US were listening to Poor Little Fool by Ricky Nelson.
In UK All I Have To Do Is Dream / Claudette by The Everly Brothers was in the top 5 hits.
The Fly, directed by Kurt Neumann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Anatomy Of A Murder by Robert Traver was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1958.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 August 1958!
Which were the important events of 13 August 1958 ?
- International Lefthanders Day
- St. Wigbert
- RC saints - Pontianus and Hippolytus, Radegunde (help against the pox), Cassianus of Imola (patron of shorthand-writers)
- In Brasil, Friday 13 August (agosto) is considered to be especially filled with sorrow (desgosto)
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 6 saints: St. Hippolytus
- St. Cassian
- St. John Berchmans
- St. John Bosco
- St. Radegund
- Roman festivals - Vertumnalias in honor of Vertumnus, and also Diana, on the Aventine hill
- David W Feherty: Bangor, North Ireland -- PGA golfer (1994 New England-2nd).
- Scott Hamilton: Toledo, Ohio -- Figure skater (1984 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Feargal Sharkey rocker (Undertones - "Never Never": "Good Heart").
- Randall Shughart: American Medal of Honor recipient (d. 1993).
- Domenico Dolce: Italian fashion designer, founded Dolce & Gabbana together with his life partner Stefano Gabbana in 1981.
- David Feherty: Northern Irish golfer and sportscaster
- Feargal Sharkey: Irish singer (The Undertones)
- Randy Shughart: American sergeant Medal of Honor recipient (d. 1993)
- Otto Witte: German acrobat and claimant to the Albanian throne (Born 1868).
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Ricky Nelson - Poor Little Fool
- Domenico Modugno - Nel Blu Dipinto Di Blu (Volare)
- Perez Prado and His Orchestra - Patricia
- Bobby Darin - Splish Splash
- Kalin Twins - When
- Jack Scott - My True Love
- Elvis Presley - Hard Headed Woman
- Duane Eddy - Rebel-'Rouser
- Johnny Otis Show - Willie And The Hand Jive
- Jimmy Clanton - Just A Dream
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?