Monday 13 August 1962
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of August people in US were listening to Breaking Up Is Hard To Do by Neil Sedaka.
In UK I Remember You by Frank Ifield was in the top 5 hits.
Kid Galahad, directed by Phil Karlson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Ship Of Fools by Katherine Anne Porter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1962.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 August 1962!
Which were the important events of 13 August 1962 ?
- International Lefthanders Day
- St. Wigbert
- RC saints - Pontianus and Hippolytus, Radegunde (help against the pox), Cassianus of Imola (patron of shorthand-writers)
- In Brasil, Friday 13 August (agosto) is considered to be especially filled with sorrow (desgosto)
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 6 saints: St. Hippolytus
- St. Cassian
- St. John Berchmans
- St. John Bosco
- St. Radegund
- Roman festivals - Vertumnalias in honor of Vertumnus, and also Diana, on the Aventine hill
- Thanos Kalliris: Greek singer-songwriter (Bang).
- Adam Kase: Socorro, New Mexico -- Canadian Tour golfer (1989 Alberta Open-3rd).
- John Slattery: American actor and director, best known for his role as Roger Sterling on AMC's series Mad Men.
- Manuel Valls: French politician, born to Xavier Valls, catalan painter.
- Bert Campaneris of Daytona Beach (FSL) pitches ambidextrously
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?