Tuesday 13 August 1963
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Elizabeth Bourland and Pamela Jean Stein.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Fingertips - Pt 2 by Little Stevie Wonder.
In UK Sweets For My Sweet by The Searchers was in the top 5 hits.
A Ticklish Affair, directed by George Sidney, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while City Of Night by John Rechy was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Ready, Steady, Go!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 August 1963!
Which were the important events of 13 August 1963 ?
- International Lefthanders Day
- St. Wigbert
- RC saints - Pontianus and Hippolytus, Radegunde (help against the pox), Cassianus of Imola (patron of shorthand-writers)
- In Brasil, Friday 13 August (agosto) is considered to be especially filled with sorrow (desgosto)
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 6 saints: St. Hippolytus
- St. Cassian
- St. John Berchmans
- St. John Bosco
- St. Radegund
- Roman festivals - Vertumnalias in honor of Vertumnus, and also Diana, on the Aventine hill
- Elizabeth Bourland: Costa Rica -- US 3x20 rifle (1996 Olympics - 7th Place).
- Pamela Jean Stein: Syracuse, New York -- Playmate (Nov, 1987).
- Tigg Ketler in Chula Vista: California, USA; drummer (Bang Tango - "Dancin' on Coals").
- Édouard Michelin: French industrialist, the managing partner and co-chief executive of the Michelin Group (1999-2006).
- Steve Higgins: Comedian.
- Sridevi Kapoor: Movie Actress
- Sridevi : Indian actress and singer
- Valerie Plame: American CIA agent and author
- Custom agents confiscate 21 gold coins from Witte Museum
- Warren Spahn sets left-hander strike out mark at 2,382.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Little Stevie Wonder - Fingertips - Pt 2
- Peter, Paul & Mary - Blowin' In The Wind
- Elvis Presley - (You're The) Devil In Disguise
- The Surfaris - Wipe Out
- Lesley Gore - Judy's Turn To Cry
- The Four Seasons - Candy Girl
- Allan Sherman - Hello Mudduh, Hello Fadduh! (A Letter From Camp)
- The Tymes - So Much In Love
- Kai Winding & Orchestra - More
- The Angels - My Boyfriend's Back
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?