Sunday 13 August 1967
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of August people in US were listening to Light My Fire by The Doors.
In UK San Francisco (Be Sure To Wear Some Flowers In Your Hair) by Scott Mckenzie was in the top 5 hits.
Bonnie and Clyde, directed by Arthur Penn, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while The Eighth Day by Thornton Wilder was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1967.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 August 1967!
Which were the important events of 13 August 1967 ?
- International Lefthanders Day
- St. Wigbert
- RC saints - Pontianus and Hippolytus, Radegunde (help against the pox), Cassianus of Imola (patron of shorthand-writers)
- In Brasil, Friday 13 August (agosto) is considered to be especially filled with sorrow (desgosto)
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 6 saints: St. Hippolytus
- St. Cassian
- St. John Berchmans
- St. John Bosco
- St. Radegund
- Roman festivals - Vertumnalias in honor of Vertumnus, and also Diana, on the Aventine hill
- Taro Tan: Montreal, Quebec -- 65 kg judoka (1996 Olympics).
- Quinn Cummings in Los Angeles: California, USA; actress (Annie - Family, Goodbye Girl).
- Amelie Nothomb: Belgian writer.
- Jin Xing: Chinese popular contemporary dancer, choreographer and actor; a pioneering transsexual who changed from male to female in 1995, paving the way for many other Chinese transsexuals to have sex reassignment surgery.
- Tracy Rogers: American athlete, pro football player, line backer.
- Quinn Cummings: American actress
- Dave Jamerson: American basketball player
- Digna Ketelaar: Dutch tennis player
- Jane Darwell: Actress (Girls in Prison), dies of heart attack at 87.
- WQLN TV channel 54 in Erie, PA (PBS) begins broadcasting
- Night of the Grizzlies sparks national concern over bear drama, from PBS in Montana's Glacier National Park.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Doors - Light My Fire
- The Beatles - All You Need Is Love
- Stevie Wonder - I Was Made To Love Her
- The Monkees - Pleasant Valley Sunday
- The Buckinghams - Mercy, Mercy, Mercy
- Frankie Valli - Can't Take My Eyes Off You
- Procol Harum - A Whiter Shade Of Pale
- The Association - Windy
- The Hollies - Carrie Anne
- The Young Rascals - A Girl Like You
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?