Friday 13 August 1971
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Camille Thompson and Chad Cota.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to How Can You Mend A Broken Heart by Bee Gees.
In UK I'm Still Waiting by Diana Ross was in the top 5 hits.
Deep End, directed by Jerzy Skolimowski, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Exorcist by William Peter Blatty was one of the best selling books.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Computer Space or Star Trek.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 August 1971!
Which were the important events of 13 August 1971 ?
- International Lefthanders Day
- St. Wigbert
- RC saints - Pontianus and Hippolytus, Radegunde (help against the pox), Cassianus of Imola (patron of shorthand-writers)
- In Brasil, Friday 13 August (agosto) is considered to be especially filled with sorrow (desgosto)
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 6 saints: St. Hippolytus
- St. Cassian
- St. John Berchmans
- St. John Bosco
- St. Radegund
- Roman festivals - Vertumnalias in honor of Vertumnus, and also Diana, on the Aventine hill
- Camille Thompson: Salmon Arm, British Columbia -- Basketball center (1996 Olympics).
- Chad Cota: NFL safety (Carolina Panthers).
- Marcus Ragnarsson: Ostervala, Sweden -- NHL defenseman (SJ Sharks, Sweden).
- Ron Dickerson: WLAF running back (Scottish Claymores, London Monarchs).
- Heike Makatsch: German actress.
- Rolando Molina: Salvadoran-born American actor
- Adam Housley: News Anchor
- Moritz Bleibtreu: German actor
- Patrick Carpentier: Canadian race car driver
- David Monahan: American actor and screenwriter
- King Curtis [Curtis Ousley]: US musician, murdered at 37.
- Paul and Linda McCartney release Back Seat of My Car
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bee Gees - How Can You Mend A Broken Heart
- Jean Knight - Mr. Big Stuff
- John Denver - Take Me Home, Country Roads
- Tommy James - Draggin' The Line
- James Taylor - You've Got A Friend
- The Raiders - Indian Reservation (The Lament Of The Cherokee Reservation Indian)
- Chicago - Beginnings
- What The World Needs Now Is Love/Abraham Martin And John (Medley) - Tom Clay
- Marvin Gaye - Mercy Mercy Me (The Ecology)
- Five Man Electrical Band - Signs
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?