Sunday 13 August 1972
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Lisa Kiggens and John Safran.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Alone Again (Naturally) by Gilbert O'Sullivan.
In UK School's Out by Alice Cooper was in the top 5 hits.
Every Thing You Always Wanted to Know About Sex * But Were Afraid to Ask, directed by Woody Allen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Midnight Special.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Empire or Pong.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 August 1972!
Which were the important events of 13 August 1972 ?
- International Lefthanders Day
- St. Wigbert
- RC saints - Pontianus and Hippolytus, Radegunde (help against the pox), Cassianus of Imola (patron of shorthand-writers)
- In Brasil, Friday 13 August (agosto) is considered to be especially filled with sorrow (desgosto)
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 6 saints: St. Hippolytus
- St. Cassian
- St. John Berchmans
- St. John Bosco
- St. Radegund
- Roman festivals - Vertumnalias in honor of Vertumnus, and also Diana, on the Aventine hill
- Lisa Kiggens: Salinas, California -- LPGA golfer (1994 Rochester International).
- John Safran: Australian television presenter.
- Hani Hanjour: Saudi Arabian terrorist hijacker of American Airlines Flight 77 (d. 2001).
- Kevin Plank: American businessman founded Under Armour.
- Michael Sinterniklaas: French-American actor director and screenwriter.
- George Wiess: General Manager (New York Yankees), dies at 78.
- Dutch KRO-TV transmits 440th and last Bonanza
- Marilynn Smith wins LPGA Pabst Ladies Golf Classic
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Gilbert O'Sullivan - Alone Again (Naturally)
- Looking Glass - Brandy (You're A Fine Girl)
- Luther Ingram - (If Loving You Is Wrong) I Don't Want To Be Right
- Wayne Newton - Daddy Don't You Walk So Fast
- Roberta Flack - Where Is The Love
- The Hollies - Long Cool Woman (In A Black Dress)
- Al Green - I'm Still In Love With You
- Cornelius Brothers and Sister Rose - Too Late To Turn Back Now
- Mouth and MacNeal - How Do You Do?
- Alice Cooper - School's Out
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?