Thursday 13 August 1981
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of August people in US were listening to Endless Love by Diana Ross.
In UK Green Door by Shakin' Stevens was in the top 5 hits.
Heavy Metal, directed by Gerald Potterton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1981
while Noble House by James Clavell was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1981.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 August 1981!
Which were the important events of 13 August 1981 ?
- International Lefthanders Day
- St. Wigbert
- RC saints - Pontianus and Hippolytus, Radegunde (help against the pox), Cassianus of Imola (patron of shorthand-writers)
- In Brasil, Friday 13 August (agosto) is considered to be especially filled with sorrow (desgosto)
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 6 saints: St. Hippolytus
- St. Cassian
- St. John Berchmans
- St. John Bosco
- St. Radegund
- Roman festivals - Vertumnalias in honor of Vertumnus, and also Diana, on the Aventine hill
- Jonathon Dutton: Australian actor and director.
- Last broadcast of Waltons on CBS-TV
- Mary Terstegge Meagher swims world record 200m butterfly (2:05.96)
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1981 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Diana Ross - Endless Love
- Joey Scarbury - Theme From The Greatest American Hero (Believe It Or Not)
- Kenny Rogers - I Don't Need You
- Rick Springfield - Jessie's Girl
- Oak Ridge Boys - Elvira
- Pointer Sisters - Slow Hand
- The Manhattan Transfer - Boy From New York City
- Marty Balin - Hearts
- Juice Newton - Queen Of Hearts
- Ronnie Milsap - (There's) No Gettin' Over Me
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?