Tuesday 13 August 1996
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Carrie Wampler and Antonia Lottner.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Macarena (Bayside Boys Mix) by Los Del Rio.
In UK Wannabe by The Spice Girls was in the top 5 hits.
Tin Cup, directed by Ron Shelton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1996
while How to Kill a Monster by R.L. Stine was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Leaving Home.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Defender 2000 or Down in the Dumps.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1996.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 August 1996!
Which were the important events of 13 August 1996 ?
- International Lefthanders Day
- St. Wigbert
- RC saints - Pontianus and Hippolytus, Radegunde (help against the pox), Cassianus of Imola (patron of shorthand-writers)
- In Brasil, Friday 13 August (agosto) is considered to be especially filled with sorrow (desgosto)
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 6 saints: St. Hippolytus
- St. Cassian
- St. John Berchmans
- St. John Bosco
- St. Radegund
- Roman festivals - Vertumnalias in honor of Vertumnus, and also Diana, on the Aventine hill
- Carrie Wampler: TV Actress.
- Antonia Lottner: German tennis player.
- Thea Tolentino: Filipino actress.
- Antonio de Spinola: Portuguese general and politician (Born 1910).
- Antonio Sebastiao Ribiero de Spinola: Soldier / polititican, dies at 86.
- Christopher John Gray: Priest, dies at 42.
- David Randall: Priest, dies at 49.
- W Gordon Smith: Playwright, dies at 67.
- Tom Mees: ESPN sports anchors (NHL), drowns at 46
- Microsoft releases Internet Explorer 3.0
- Data sent back by the Galileo space probe indicates there may be water on one of Jupiter's moons.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1996 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Los Del Rio - Macarena (Bayside Boys Mix)
- Keith Sweat - Twisted
- Quad City DJ's - C'Mon N' Ride It (The Train)
- Toni Braxton - You're Makin' Me High
- Eric Clapton - Change The World
- LL Cool J - Loungin'
- R. Kelly - I Can't Sleep Baby (If I)
- 2 Pac - How Do U Want It
- Donna Lewis - I Love You Always Forever
- Tracy Chapman - Give Me One Reason
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?