Wednesday 13 August 2003
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Crazy In Love by Beyonce.
In UK Breathe by Blu Cantrell featuring Sean Paul was in the top 5 hits.
S.W.A.T., directed by Clark Johnson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2003
while Seabiscuit: An American Legend by Laura Hillenbrand was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Tinseltown TV.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing APEX or Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 August 2003!
Which were the important events of 13 August 2003 ?
- International Lefthanders Day
- St. Wigbert
- RC saints - Pontianus and Hippolytus, Radegunde (help against the pox), Cassianus of Imola (patron of shorthand-writers)
- In Brasil, Friday 13 August (agosto) is considered to be especially filled with sorrow (desgosto)
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 6 saints: St. Hippolytus
- St. Cassian
- St. John Berchmans
- St. John Bosco
- St. Radegund
- Roman festivals - Vertumnalias in honor of Vertumnus, and also Diana, on the Aventine hill
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 13 August
- Ed Townsend: American singer-songwriter and producer (d. 2003).
- Ivan Jovović and Bogdan Bukomirić, both 16 years old, from Goraždevac near Peć die after two attackers fired AK-47s on a group of children from Goraždevac who were bathing in the river Bistrica. Four children were injured in the attack, two of which are in critical condition. UNMIK and KFOR claimed that they transferred one of them, Marko Bogićević, to Belgrade, but he is actually in a German military hospital at Prizren, against his parents' wishes. An Italian KFOR patrol refused to lend fuel
- Discovery of a Saudi Arabia airplane plot. Intelligence agencies producing alerts and relaying them to Washington, D.C., and London of a specific threat to airlines flying around Riyadh international airport. The plan to shoot down a British Airways plane was discovered after a member of the plot drove his car through a checkpoint in Riyadh. In response to the threat BA cancels all flights to Saudi Arabia until further notice. The United States issues a travel alert for Saudi Arabia citing the
- Iraq's northern oil fields resumes exports.
- Arnold Schwarzenegger names Warren Buffett as his economic adviser on Wednesday. Mr Buffett will help the actor build a team to lead the state out of its fiscal crisis.
- Same-sex marriage in Canada: At its convention in Wolfville, Nova Scotia, the United Church of Canada votes overwhelmingly to ask the federal government to allow same-sex marriage.
- A National Geographic team releases the discovery of a new species of large dinosaur, ''Rajasaurus Narmadensis'', native to the Indian subcontinent. The research effort was made by a joint Indo-American group, including members from the University of Michigan, University of Chicago, and the Punjab University of Northern India.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 2003 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?