Sunday 13 December 1903
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include John Piper and Jewgeni Petrow.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1903.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 December 1903!
Which were the important events of 13 December 1903 ?
- Roman festivals - Tellus was worshipped in the district Carinae at the Esquiline Hill, and a lectisternium or table was spread for Ceres.
- R.C. Saints - memorial of Saint Lucy
- Also see December 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In the Julian calendar before the Gregorian reform, this was the shortest day and longest night, and widely celebrated as such
- In the Irish calendar the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following the Feast of Saint Lucy were observed as Quarter tense.
- Malta - Republic Day (since 1974)
- St. Lucia's Day in Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland.
- John Piper: British writer (US Churches in WWI) / official war painter.
- Jewgeni Petrow: writer.
- Ella Baker: American civil rights activist (b, 1903).
- Carlos Montoya: Madrid, Spain -- Guitarist (Suite Flamenco 1966).
- Italo Marcioni patents the ice cream cone (New Jersey).
- Wright Brothers make first flight at Kittyhawk.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1903 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- When Kate and I Were Comin' Thro' the Rye - Harry Macdonough
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in December 1903?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?