Tuesday 13 December 1910
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Lillian Roth [Rutstein] and Van Heflin.
Little Snow White, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1910
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 December 1910!
Which were the important events of 13 December 1910 ?
- Roman festivals - Tellus was worshipped in the district Carinae at the Esquiline Hill, and a lectisternium or table was spread for Ceres.
- R.C. Saints - memorial of Saint Lucy
- Also see December 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In the Julian calendar before the Gregorian reform, this was the shortest day and longest night, and widely celebrated as such
- In the Irish calendar the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following the Feast of Saint Lucy were observed as Quarter tense.
- Malta - Republic Day (since 1974)
- St. Lucia's Day in Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland.
- Lillian Roth [Rutstein]: Singer / actress (Animal Crackers).
- Van Heflin: Walters, Oklahoma -- Actor (Great Adventure, Madame Bovary).
- Silver: American prodigy, world famed by 14 for being an orator, philosopher, scientist and writer.
- Fritz Tillmann: German actor on stage, in film and on television in a career that spanned several decades.
- Kenneth Patchen: Niles Writer.
- Pieres Lacour: Moissy-Cramayel EXecutives
- Sol Saks: American actor producer and screenwriter (d. 2011)
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1910 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Silver Bell - Peerless Quartet
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
What news were making the headlines those days in December 1910?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?