Friday 13 December 1912
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Call of the Bush, directed by Charles Woods, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1912.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 December 1912!
Which were the important events of 13 December 1912 ?
- Roman festivals - Tellus was worshipped in the district Carinae at the Esquiline Hill, and a lectisternium or table was spread for Ceres.
- R.C. Saints - memorial of Saint Lucy
- Also see December 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In the Julian calendar before the Gregorian reform, this was the shortest day and longest night, and widely celebrated as such
- In the Irish calendar the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following the Feast of Saint Lucy were observed as Quarter tense.
- Malta - Republic Day (since 1974)
- St. Lucia's Day in Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1912 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- That Mellow Melody - Walter Van Brunt
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in December 1912?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?