Sunday 13 December 1914
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Samuel "Larry" K Parks and Alan L.
The Bargain, directed by Reginald Barker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1914.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 December 1914!
Which were the important events of 13 December 1914 ?
- Roman festivals - Tellus was worshipped in the district Carinae at the Esquiline Hill, and a lectisternium or table was spread for Ceres.
- R.C. Saints - memorial of Saint Lucy
- Also see December 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In the Julian calendar before the Gregorian reform, this was the shortest day and longest night, and widely celebrated as such
- In the Irish calendar the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following the Feast of Saint Lucy were observed as Quarter tense.
- Malta - Republic Day (since 1974)
- St. Lucia's Day in Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland.
- Samuel "Larry" K Parks: Olathe, Kansas -- Actor (Jolson-Jolson Story).
- Alan L: Bullock British historian.
- Larry Parks: American actor who made a debut on Broadway in 1937 and in film in 1941 in "Mystery Ship.
- Yves Roumajon: French psychiatrist.
- Alan Bullock: British author of the first biography of Hitler written in any language.
- Larry Noble: English comedian and actor (d. 1993)
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1914 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Lullaby from Jocelyn (Angels Guard Thee) - John McCormack
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?