Sunday 13 December 1914
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Bargain, directed by Reginald Barker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1914.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 December 1914!
Which were the important events of 13 December 1914 ?
- Roman festivals - Tellus was worshipped in the district Carinae at the Esquiline Hill, and a lectisternium or table was spread for Ceres.
- R.C. Saints - memorial of Saint Lucy
- Also see December 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In the Julian calendar before the Gregorian reform, this was the shortest day and longest night, and widely celebrated as such
- In the Irish calendar the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following the Feast of Saint Lucy were observed as Quarter tense.
- Malta - Republic Day (since 1974)
- St. Lucia's Day in Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland.
- Samuel "Larry" K Parks: Olathe, Kansas -- Actor (Jolson-Jolson Story).
- Alan Bullock: British author of the first biography of Hitler written in any language.
- Larry Noble: English comedian and actor (d. 1993).
- Alan L: Bullock British historian.
- Larry Parks: American actor who made a debut on Broadway in 1937 and in film in 1941 in "Mystery Ship.
- Yves Roumajon: French psychiatrist. He was married once and had one child.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1914 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Lullaby from Jocelyn (Angels Guard Thee) - John McCormack
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?