Wednesday 13 December 1916
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Leonard Weisgard .
King Lear, directed by Ernest C. Warde, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1916.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 December 1916!
Which were the important events of 13 December 1916 ?
- Roman festivals - Tellus was worshipped in the district Carinae at the Esquiline Hill, and a lectisternium or table was spread for Ceres.
- R.C. Saints - memorial of Saint Lucy
- Also see December 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In the Julian calendar before the Gregorian reform, this was the shortest day and longest night, and widely celebrated as such
- In the Irish calendar the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following the Feast of Saint Lucy were observed as Quarter tense.
- Malta - Republic Day (since 1974)
- St. Lucia's Day in Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland.
- Leonard Weisgard: American author and illustrator (d. 2000).
- Esme Stuart Lennox Robinsons premieres in Dublin.
- Avalanche kills 10,000 Austrian and Italian troops in 24 hours in Tyrol.
- French chief of staff Joffre replaced by Nivelle.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1916 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- I'll Take You Home Again, Kathleen - Walter Van Brunt
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?