Thursday 13 December 1923
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Coeur Fidèle, directed by Jean Epstein, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1923.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 December 1923!
Which were the important events of 13 December 1923 ?
- Roman festivals - Tellus was worshipped in the district Carinae at the Esquiline Hill, and a lectisternium or table was spread for Ceres.
- R.C. Saints - memorial of Saint Lucy
- Also see December 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In the Julian calendar before the Gregorian reform, this was the shortest day and longest night, and widely celebrated as such
- In the Irish calendar the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following the Feast of Saint Lucy were observed as Quarter tense.
- Malta - Republic Day (since 1974)
- St. Lucia's Day in Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland.
- Philip Anderson: American physicist and academic Nobel Prize laureate.
- Terence Beckett: English businessman (d. 2013).
- Edward Clancy: Australian cardinal (d. 2014).
- Larry Doby: American baseball player and manager (d. 2003).
- Frankie Fraser: English gangster (d. 2014).
- Fred van: der Spek; Dutch second chamber member (PSP).
- Edmond Van Deusen: British writer who served as the editor of a science magazine, as well as the author of "Contract Cohabitation" and "Astro-Genetics."
- Antoni Tapies: Spanish/Catalan painter, sculptor and art theorist, who became one of the most famous European artists of his generation. His father Josep Tàpies i Mestre and Maria Puig i Guerra, was a lawyer and Catalan nationalist who served briefly with the Republican government. At 17, Tàpies suffered a near-fatal heart attack caused by tuberculosis. He spent two years as a convalescent in the mountains, reading widely and pursuing an interest in art that had already expressed itself when he was in his earl
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1923 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- The Little Old Log Cabin in the Lane - Fiddlin' John Carson
- I Wish I Had Someone to Cry Over Me - Lewis James
- That Old Gang of Mine - Benny Krueger & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?