Thursday 13 December 1923
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Fred van and Antoni Tapies.
Coeur Fidèle, directed by Jean Epstein, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 December 1923!
Which were the important events of 13 December 1923 ?
- Roman festivals - Tellus was worshipped in the district Carinae at the Esquiline Hill, and a lectisternium or table was spread for Ceres.
- R.C. Saints - memorial of Saint Lucy
- Also see December 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In the Julian calendar before the Gregorian reform, this was the shortest day and longest night, and widely celebrated as such
- In the Irish calendar the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following the Feast of Saint Lucy were observed as Quarter tense.
- Malta - Republic Day (since 1974)
- St. Lucia's Day in Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland.
- Fred van: der Spek; Dutch second chamber member (PSP).
- Antoni Tapies: Spanish/Catalan painter, sculptor and art theorist, who became one of the most famous European artists of his generation.
- Edmond Van Deusen: British writer who served as the editor of a science magazine, as well as the author of "Contract Cohabitation" and "Astro-Genetics.
- Philip Anderson: American physicist and academic Nobel Prize laureate.
- Terence Beckett: English businessman (d. 2013).
- Edward Clancy: Australian cardinal (d. 2014)
- Larry Doby: American baseball player and manager (d. 2003)
- Frankie Fraser: English gangster (d. 2014)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 13 December 1923
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1923 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- The Little Old Log Cabin in the Lane - Fiddlin' John Carson
- I Wish I Had Someone to Cry Over Me - Lewis James
- That Old Gang of Mine - Benny Krueger & His Orchestra
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?