Saturday 13 December 1924
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Henri Baillot and Robert Coogan.
Janice Meredith, directed by E. Mason Hopper, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 December 1924!
Which were the important events of 13 December 1924 ?
- Roman festivals - Tellus was worshipped in the district Carinae at the Esquiline Hill, and a lectisternium or table was spread for Ceres.
- R.C. Saints - memorial of Saint Lucy
- Also see December 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In the Julian calendar before the Gregorian reform, this was the shortest day and longest night, and widely celebrated as such
- In the Irish calendar the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following the Feast of Saint Lucy were observed as Quarter tense.
- Malta - Republic Day (since 1974)
- St. Lucia's Day in Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland.
- Henri Baillot: French international football (soccer) player who played as a striker.
- Robert Coogan: American actor (Born 1924).
- George Shuba: American baseball player (d. 2014).
- Samuel Gompers: organizer (American Federation of Labor), dies at age 74.
- KOA-AM in Denver CO begins radio transmissions
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1924 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Somebody Loves Me - Ray Miller & His Orchestra
- Adoring You - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- I Want to Be Happy - Vincent Lopez & His Orchestra
- The Pal That I Loved (Stole the Gal That I Loved) - Vernon Dalhart
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?