Sunday 13 December 1925
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Tumbleweeds, directed by King Baggott, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1925
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1925.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 December 1925!
Which were the important events of 13 December 1925 ?
- Roman festivals - Tellus was worshipped in the district Carinae at the Esquiline Hill, and a lectisternium or table was spread for Ceres.
- R.C. Saints - memorial of Saint Lucy
- Also see December 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In the Julian calendar before the Gregorian reform, this was the shortest day and longest night, and widely celebrated as such
- In the Irish calendar the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following the Feast of Saint Lucy were observed as Quarter tense.
- Malta - Republic Day (since 1974)
- St. Lucia's Day in Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland.
- Herbert Freeman: German-American computer scientist who has made important contributions to the field of automatic label placement, computer graphics, including spatial anti-aliasing, and machine vision.
- Dick Van Dyke: American actor and comedian.
- Henry C Gordon: USAF / Astronaut (Dynasoar).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1925 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Don't Wake Me Up (Let Me Dream) - Vincent Lopez & His Orchestra
- Remember - Isham Jones & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?