Sunday 13 December 1925
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Henry C Gordon and Herbert Freeman.
Tumbleweeds, directed by King Baggott, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1925
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 December 1925!
Which were the important events of 13 December 1925 ?
- Roman festivals - Tellus was worshipped in the district Carinae at the Esquiline Hill, and a lectisternium or table was spread for Ceres.
- R.C. Saints - memorial of Saint Lucy
- Also see December 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In the Julian calendar before the Gregorian reform, this was the shortest day and longest night, and widely celebrated as such
- In the Irish calendar the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following the Feast of Saint Lucy were observed as Quarter tense.
- Malta - Republic Day (since 1974)
- St. Lucia's Day in Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland.
- Henry C Gordon: USAF / Astronaut (Dynasoar).
- Herbert Freeman: German-American computer scientist who has made important contributions to the field of automatic label placement, computer graphics, including spatial anti-aliasing, and machine vision.
- Dick Van Dyke: American actor and comedian.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1925 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Don't Wake Me Up (Let Me Dream) - Vincent Lopez & His Orchestra
- Remember - Isham Jones & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?