Thursday 13 December 1934
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Bright Eyes, directed by David Butler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1934.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 December 1934!
Which were the important events of 13 December 1934 ?
- Roman festivals - Tellus was worshipped in the district Carinae at the Esquiline Hill, and a lectisternium or table was spread for Ceres.
- R.C. Saints - memorial of Saint Lucy
- Also see December 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In the Julian calendar before the Gregorian reform, this was the shortest day and longest night, and widely celebrated as such
- In the Irish calendar the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following the Feast of Saint Lucy were observed as Quarter tense.
- Malta - Republic Day (since 1974)
- St. Lucia's Day in Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland.
- Richard Zanuck: American noted family, business man, producer and founder of Zanuck-Brown Company.
- Richard Darryl Zanuck: Film producer / executive.
- Richard D Zanuck: American film producer.
- Thomas A Watson: American assistant to Alexander Graham Bell (Born 1854).
- Mark Hellinger Theater (Warner Bros) opens at 237 W 51st St, New York City
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?