Sunday 13 December 1936
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Camille, directed by George Cukor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1936.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 December 1936!
Which were the important events of 13 December 1936 ?
- Roman festivals - Tellus was worshipped in the district Carinae at the Esquiline Hill, and a lectisternium or table was spread for Ceres.
- R.C. Saints - memorial of Saint Lucy
- Also see December 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In the Julian calendar before the Gregorian reform, this was the shortest day and longest night, and widely celebrated as such
- In the Irish calendar the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following the Feast of Saint Lucy were observed as Quarter tense.
- Malta - Republic Day (since 1974)
- St. Lucia's Day in Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland.
- J Martin: American baseball player and sportscaster.
- His Highness Prince Shah Karim al-Husseini Aga Khan IV: Present Imam (leader) of the Shia Imami Ismaili Muslims.
- J C Martin: American baseball player.
- Aga Khan: Pakistani royalty, the son of Prince Aly Khan and his wife, Englishwoman Joan Yarde-Buller Guinness and born in Paris.
- Final Boston Redskins NFL game, lose to Green Bay Packers 21-6, move to Washington DC.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1936 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- When My Dream Boat Comes Home - Guy Lombardo & His Royal Canadians
- I'm in a Dancing Mood - Russ Morgan & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?