Monday 13 December 1943
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Arturo Ripstein and Gosta Winbergh.
Madame Curie, directed by Mervyn LeRoy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
On TV people were watching Voice of Firestone Televues.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 December 1943!
Which were the important events of 13 December 1943 ?
- Roman festivals - Tellus was worshipped in the district Carinae at the Esquiline Hill, and a lectisternium or table was spread for Ceres.
- R.C. Saints - memorial of Saint Lucy
- Also see December 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In the Julian calendar before the Gregorian reform, this was the shortest day and longest night, and widely celebrated as such
- In the Irish calendar the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following the Feast of Saint Lucy were observed as Quarter tense.
- Malta - Republic Day (since 1974)
- St. Lucia's Day in Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland.
- Arturo Ripstein: Director (El Lugar Sin Limites, Foxtrot).
- Gosta Winbergh: Swedish tenor (d. 2002).
- Pierino Prati: .
- Ferguson Jenkins: Canadian baseball and basketball player.
- 150 US Marauders bomb Schiphol.
- World War II: The Massacre of Kalavryta by German occupying forces in Greece.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?