Wednesday 13 December 1950
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Kim, directed by Victor Saville, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while Across The River And Into The Trees by Ernest Hemingway was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 December 1950!
Which were the important events of 13 December 1950 ?
- Roman festivals - Tellus was worshipped in the district Carinae at the Esquiline Hill, and a lectisternium or table was spread for Ceres.
- R.C. Saints - memorial of Saint Lucy
- Also see December 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In the Julian calendar before the Gregorian reform, this was the shortest day and longest night, and widely celebrated as such
- In the Irish calendar the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following the Feast of Saint Lucy were observed as Quarter tense.
- Malta - Republic Day (since 1974)
- St. Lucia's Day in Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland.
- Heather North in Pasadena: California, USA; actress (The Barefoot Executive).
- Linda Bellos: English businesswoman and politician.
- Julia Slingo: English meteorologist and academic.
- Tom Vilsack: American politician, Governor of Iowa, first elected to that post in 1998, the first Democrat elected to that state's Governor's seat in 30 years.
- Wendie Malick: Actress (Just Shoot Me).
- Abraham Wald: Romanian mathematician and economist (d. 1950).
- James Dean begins his career with an appearance in a Pepsi commercial.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 13 December 1950 and get them!