Thursday 13 December 1951
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
On Dangerous Ground, directed by Nicholas Ray, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 December 1951!
Which were the important events of 13 December 1951 ?
- Roman festivals - Tellus was worshipped in the district Carinae at the Esquiline Hill, and a lectisternium or table was spread for Ceres.
- R.C. Saints - memorial of Saint Lucy
- Also see December 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In the Julian calendar before the Gregorian reform, this was the shortest day and longest night, and widely celebrated as such
- In the Irish calendar the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following the Feast of Saint Lucy were observed as Quarter tense.
- Malta - Republic Day (since 1974)
- St. Lucia's Day in Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland.
- Robert Lindsay: Ilketson, England -- Actor (Strike it Rich, King Lear).
- Patrick Jarreau: French journalist, who has served as editor of Le Monde, editor of the political department of 'd'i-Télé,' and head of the newsroom at Le Monde (print and website editions).
- Selim Palmgren: Finnish pianist/composer (Daniel Hjort), dies at age 73.
- Future British Prime Minister Margaret Roberts Thatcher marries Denis Thatcher.
- A water storage tank collapses in Tucumcari, New Mexico, resulting in 4 deaths, and 200 buildings destroyed.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 13 December 1951 and get them!