Saturday 13 December 1958
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Clark Brandon in New York City and Lynn-Holly Johnson in Chicago.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to To Know Him, Is To Love Him by The Teddy Bears.
In UK Hoots Mon by Lord Rockingham's XI was in the top 5 hits.
Some Came Running, directed by Vincente Minnelli, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Around The World With Auntie Mame by Patrick Dennis was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 December 1958!
Which were the important events of 13 December 1958 ?
- Roman festivals - Tellus was worshipped in the district Carinae at the Esquiline Hill, and a lectisternium or table was spread for Ceres.
- R.C. Saints - memorial of Saint Lucy
- Also see December 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In the Julian calendar before the Gregorian reform, this was the shortest day and longest night, and widely celebrated as such
- In the Irish calendar the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following the Feast of Saint Lucy were observed as Quarter tense.
- Malta - Republic Day (since 1974)
- St. Lucia's Day in Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland.
- Clark Brandon in New York City: New York, USA; actor (Fast Food).
- Lynn-Holly Johnson in Chicago: Illinois, USA; actress (Ice Castles).
- Dana Strum: in Washington DC; rock bassist (Slaughter - "Stick it Live").
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Teddy Bears - To Know Him, Is To Love Him
- The Kingston Trio - Tom Dooley
- Conway Twitty - It's Only Make Believe
- The Playmates - Beep Beep
- Elvis Presley - One Night
- The Everly Brothers - Problems
- Ricky Nelson - Lonesome Town
- Cozy Cole - Topsy II
- Elvis Presley - I Got Stung
- Bobby Darin - Queen Of The Hop
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?