Tuesday 13 December 1960
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Are You Lonesome To-Night? by Elvis Presley.
In UK It's Now Or Never by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
Flaming Star, directed by Don Siegel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1960.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 December 1960!
Which were the important events of 13 December 1960 ?
- Roman festivals - Tellus was worshipped in the district Carinae at the Esquiline Hill, and a lectisternium or table was spread for Ceres.
- R.C. Saints - memorial of Saint Lucy
- Also see December 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In the Julian calendar before the Gregorian reform, this was the shortest day and longest night, and widely celebrated as such
- In the Irish calendar the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following the Feast of Saint Lucy were observed as Quarter tense.
- Malta - Republic Day (since 1974)
- St. Lucia's Day in Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland.
- Yvan Keller: French serial killer, arrested after killing at least forty elderly women.
- Rusty Cundieff: American actor director and screenwriter.
- Daggubati Venkatesh: Indian actor.
- Richard Dent: defensive end (Philadelphia Eagles).
- Randy Stoklos in Pacific Palisades: California, USA; beach volleyball player (Olympics-1996).
- Dora Marsden: English author and activist (d. 1960).
- Laos General Fumi Nosavang occupies Vientiane.
- Italy beats US in Davis Cup (first time in 24 years US not in finals).
- While Emperor Haile Selassie I of Ethiopia visits Brazil, his Imperial Bodyguard seizes the capital and proclaim him deposed and his son, Crown Prince Asfa Wossen, Emperor.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elvis Presley - Are You Lonesome To-Night?
- Floyd Cramer - Last Date
- Kathy Young - A Thousand Stars
- Bert Kaempfert and His Orchestra - Wonderland By Night
- Johnny Horton - North To Alaska
- Sailor (Your Home Is The Sea) - Lolita
- Jerry Butler - He Will Break Your Heart
- Connie Francis - Many Tears Ago
- Johnny Tillotson - Poetry In Motion
- Ferrante and Teicher - Exodus
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?