Thursday 13 December 1962
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Karen Witter and Kendra Slewenski.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Big Girls Don't Cry by The 4 Seasons.
In UK Return To Sender by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
L'eclisse, directed by Michelangelo Antonioni, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Seven Days In May by Fletcher Knebel and Charles W. Bailey II was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Die Höhlenkinder.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Spacewar!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 December 1962!
Which were the important events of 13 December 1962 ?
- Roman festivals - Tellus was worshipped in the district Carinae at the Esquiline Hill, and a lectisternium or table was spread for Ceres.
- R.C. Saints - memorial of Saint Lucy
- Also see December 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In the Julian calendar before the Gregorian reform, this was the shortest day and longest night, and widely celebrated as such
- In the Irish calendar the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following the Feast of Saint Lucy were observed as Quarter tense.
- Malta - Republic Day (since 1974)
- St. Lucia's Day in Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland.
- Karen Witter: California, United States -- Actress (Tina-One Life to Live) / playmate (Mar, 1982).
- Kendra Slewenski: English netballer.
- Rex Ryan: American football coach.
- Roger Ilegems: Belgian track cyclist and road bicycle racer.
- Jamie Raskin: American lawyer academic and politician.
- Rob Ryan: American football player and coach
- Harry Barris: American popular singer (Born 1905).
- Relay 1 communication satellite launched.
- NASA ''Relay 1'' launch, first active repeater communications satellite in orbit.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The 4 Seasons - Big Girls Don't Cry
- Elvis Presley - Return To Sender
- Marcie Blane - Bobby's Girl
- Chubby Checker - Limbo Rock
- The Tornadoes - Telstar
- The Orlons - Don't Hang Up
- The Tijuana Brass - The Lonely Bull (El Solo Torro)
- Dee Dee Sharp - Ride
- Esther Phillips Little Esther - Release Me
- Steve Lawrence - Go Away Little Girl
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?