Friday 13 December 1963
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Francisco Benitez and Philippe Collet.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Dominique by The Singing Nun.
In UK She Loves You by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
Move Over, Darling, directed by Michael Gordon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while The Living Reed by Pearl S. Buck was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Forest Rangers.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1963.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 December 1963!
Which were the important events of 13 December 1963 ?
- Roman festivals - Tellus was worshipped in the district Carinae at the Esquiline Hill, and a lectisternium or table was spread for Ceres.
- R.C. Saints - memorial of Saint Lucy
- Also see December 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In the Julian calendar before the Gregorian reform, this was the shortest day and longest night, and widely celebrated as such
- In the Irish calendar the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following the Feast of Saint Lucy were observed as Quarter tense.
- Malta - Republic Day (since 1974)
- St. Lucia's Day in Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland.
- Francisco Benitez: French military (Legionnaire), nicknamed Paco.
- Philippe Collet: French athlete, a pole vaulter who finished first in the World Cup in Barcelona, Spain in 1989.
- Abraham Quintanilla: World Music Singer.
- Hubert ME Pierlot: Belgian advocate / Premier (1939-45), dies at 79.
- Capital records signs right of 1st refusal agreement with Beatles
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Singing Nun - Dominique
- The Kingsmen - Louie Louie
- Tommy Roe - Everybody
- Dale & Grace - I'm Leaving It Up To You
- The Caravelles - You Don't Have To Be A Baby To Cry
- Lenny Welch - Since I Fell For You
- The Beach Boys - Be True To Your School
- Dion Di Muci - Drip Drop
- Bobby Vinton - There! I've Said It Again
- Rufus Thomas - Walking The Dog
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?