Sunday 13 December 1964
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Mr. Lonely by Bobby Vinton.
In UK I Feel Fine by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
Marriage Italian Style, directed by Vittorio De Sica, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Rector Of Justin by Louis Auchincloss was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 December 1964!
Which were the important events of 13 December 1964 ?
- Roman festivals - Tellus was worshipped in the district Carinae at the Esquiline Hill, and a lectisternium or table was spread for Ceres.
- R.C. Saints - memorial of Saint Lucy
- Also see December 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In the Julian calendar before the Gregorian reform, this was the shortest day and longest night, and widely celebrated as such
- In the Irish calendar the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following the Feast of Saint Lucy were observed as Quarter tense.
- Malta - Republic Day (since 1974)
- St. Lucia's Day in Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland.
- hide : Japanese singer-songwriter guitarist and producer (X Japan and Zilch) (d. 1998).
- In El Paso, Texas, US President Lyndon Johnson and Mexican President Gustavo Diaz Ordaz set off an explosion diverting Rio Grande, to reshape US-MTxico border.
- Shirley Englehorn and Sam Snead win Haig and Haig Mixed Foursome Golf.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Supremes - Baby Love
- The Beatles - I Feel Fine
- The Supremes - Come See About Me
- Bobby Vinton - Mr. Lonely
- Lorne Greene - Ringo
- The Zombies - She's Not There
- The Rolling Stones - Time Is On My Side
- The Kinks - You Really Got Me
- The Beach Boys - Dance, Dance, Dance
- Gene Pitney - I'm Gonna Be Strong
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 13 December 1964 and get them!