Monday 13 December 1965
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Turn! Turn! Turn! (To Everything There Is A Season) by The Byrds.
In UK The Carnival Is Over by The Seekers was in the top 5 hits.
Battle of the Bulge, directed by Ken Annakin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while Those Who Love by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1965.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 December 1965!
Which were the important events of 13 December 1965 ?
- Roman festivals - Tellus was worshipped in the district Carinae at the Esquiline Hill, and a lectisternium or table was spread for Ceres.
- R.C. Saints - memorial of Saint Lucy
- Also see December 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In the Julian calendar before the Gregorian reform, this was the shortest day and longest night, and widely celebrated as such
- In the Irish calendar the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following the Feast of Saint Lucy were observed as Quarter tense.
- Malta - Republic Day (since 1974)
- St. Lucia's Day in Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Byrds - Turn! Turn! Turn! (To Everything There Is A Season)
- The Dave Clark Five - Over And Over
- James Brown - I Got You (I Feel Good)
- The 4 Seasons - Let's Hang On
- The Supremes - I Hear A Symphony
- The Shangri-Las - I Can Never Go Home Anymore
- Eddy Arnold - Make The World Go Away
- Roger Miller - England Swings
- The McCoys - Fever
- Dean Martin - I Will
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?