Wednesday 13 December 1967
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Daydream Believer by The Monkees.
In UK Hello Goodbye by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
Doctor Dolittle, directed by Richard Fleischer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while The Confessions Of Nat Turner by William Styron was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 December 1967!
Which were the important events of 13 December 1967 ?
- Roman festivals - Tellus was worshipped in the district Carinae at the Esquiline Hill, and a lectisternium or table was spread for Ceres.
- R.C. Saints - memorial of Saint Lucy
- Also see December 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In the Julian calendar before the Gregorian reform, this was the shortest day and longest night, and widely celebrated as such
- In the Irish calendar the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following the Feast of Saint Lucy were observed as Quarter tense.
- Malta - Republic Day (since 1974)
- St. Lucia's Day in Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland.
- Deborah Driggs: Oakland, California -- Playmate (Mar, 1990).
- Jenn Thompson in New York City: New York, USA; actor (Dee - Harper Valley PTA).
- Jamie Foxx: American award winning actor whose brilliant performance as Ray Charles in the film "Ray" clinched his reputation as a fine actor and won an Academy Award.
- Nene Leakes: Reality Star.
- Bo Pelini: American football player and coach.
- Chris O'Loughlin in Los Angeles: California, USA; fencer (Olympics-1996).
- Mike Mordecai in Birmingham: Alabama, USA; infielder (Atlanta Braves).
- Scott Zolak: NFL quarterback (New England Patriots).
- Unsuccessful coup against Greek King Constantine II.
- United Soccer Association and National Pro Soccer League merge into NASL.
- Constantine II of Greece attempts an unsuccessful counter-coup against the Regime of the Colonels
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Monkees - Daydream Believer
- The Beatles - Hello Goodbye
- Strawberry Alarm Clock - Incense And Peppermints
- Gladys Knight & the Pips - I Heard It Through The Grapevine
- The Cowsills - The Rain, The Park & Other Things
- Smokey Robinson - I Second That Emotion
- Dionne Warwick - I Say A Little Prayer
- The Fantastic Johnny C - Boogaloo Down Broadway
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - In And Out Of Love
- Cher - You Better Sit Down Kids
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 13 December 1967 and get them!