Saturday 13 December 1969
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye by Steam.
In UK Sugar Sugar by Archies was in the top 5 hits.
Topaz, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The House On The Strand by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1969.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 December 1969!
Which were the important events of 13 December 1969 ?
- Roman festivals - Tellus was worshipped in the district Carinae at the Esquiline Hill, and a lectisternium or table was spread for Ceres.
- R.C. Saints - memorial of Saint Lucy
- Also see December 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In the Julian calendar before the Gregorian reform, this was the shortest day and longest night, and widely celebrated as such
- In the Irish calendar the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following the Feast of Saint Lucy were observed as Quarter tense.
- Malta - Republic Day (since 1974)
- St. Lucia's Day in Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland.
- Sergei Fedorov in Pskov: Russia; NHL forward (Detroit Red Wings, Olympics-silver-1998).
- Norm Krumpschmd: hockey forward (Team Austria 1998).
- Sergei Fedorov: Russian ice hockey player and manager.
- Tony Curran: Scottish actor.
- Murat Nasyrov: Russian singer (d. 2007).
- Laurent Gérard: French horse racing jockey, who published the autobiography, "De l’Avoine plein les veines" in 2015.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Steam - Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye
- Peter, Paul and Mary - Leaving on A Jet Plane
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - Someday We'll Be Together
- The Beatles - Come Together
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Down On The Corner
- R.B. Greaves - Take A Letter Maria
- Stevie Wonder - Yester-Me, Yester-You, Yesterday
- Blood, Sweat and Tears - And When I Die
- B.J. Thomas - Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head
- Mel And Tim - Backfield In Motion
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?