Friday 13 December 2002
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Dartanian Sloan and Robert Sloan.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Lose Yourself by Eminem.
In UK Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word by Blue featuring Elton John was in the top 5 hits.
25th Hour, directed by Spike Lee, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2002
while Portrait of a Killer by Patricia Cornwell was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching I Love the '80s.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Blood Omen 2 or Disney Sports Soccer.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 December 2002!
Which were the important events of 13 December 2002 ?
- Roman festivals - Tellus was worshipped in the district Carinae at the Esquiline Hill, and a lectisternium or table was spread for Ceres.
- R.C. Saints - memorial of Saint Lucy
- Also see December 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In the Julian calendar before the Gregorian reform, this was the shortest day and longest night, and widely celebrated as such
- In the Irish calendar the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following the Feast of Saint Lucy were observed as Quarter tense.
- Malta - Republic Day (since 1974)
- St. Lucia's Day in Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland.
Famous Birthdays:13 December
- Zal Yanovsky: Canadian singer-songwriter and guitarist (The Lovin' Spoonful) (d. 2002).
- Enlargement of the European Union: The European Union announces that Cyprus, the Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Poland, Slovakia, and Slovenia will become members from May 1, 2004.
- The Vatican announces that Pope John PaulnbspII has accepted the resignation of Boston's Cardinal Bernard Francis Law due to widespread outcry among Boston Catholics over Law's role in covering up pedophilia-related and other sex crimes among priests in his diocese.
- US Senate majority leader Trent Lott apologizes on television amid growing outcry for his resignation from both ends of the political spectrum for comments made at Senator Strom Thurmond's 100th birthday party which seemed to support Thurmond's 1948 segregationist presidential campaign platform.
- The Geminid meteor shower peaks tonight. Best viewing is between midnight and dawn.
- Henry Kissinger stepped down as the chairman of a panel investigating the September 11 attacks, citing conflict of interest with his clients. The choice of Kissinger by President George W. Bush.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 2002 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?