Monday 13 December 2004
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Drop It Like It's Hot by Snoop Dogg.
In UK Do They Know It's Christmas? by Band Aid 20 was in the top 5 hits.
Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events, directed by Brad Silberling, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2004
while The Polar Express by Chris Van Allsburg was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2004.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 December 2004!
Which were the important events of 13 December 2004 ?
- Roman festivals - Tellus was worshipped in the district Carinae at the Esquiline Hill, and a lectisternium or table was spread for Ceres.
- R.C. Saints - memorial of Saint Lucy
- Also see December 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In the Julian calendar before the Gregorian reform, this was the shortest day and longest night, and widely celebrated as such
- In the Irish calendar the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following the Feast of Saint Lucy were observed as Quarter tense.
- Malta - Republic Day (since 1974)
- St. Lucia's Day in Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland.
- Former Chilean dictator, General Augusto Pinochet is put under house arrest, after being sued under accusations over 9 kidnapping actions and manslaughter. The house arrest is lifted the same day on appeal.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 2004 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?