Sunday 13 February 1955
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Scott Smith and Joe Birkett.
In UK Softly Softly by Ruby Murray was in the top 5 hits.
The Wages of Fear, directed by Henri-Georges Clouzot, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while The View From Pompey'S Head by Hamilton Basso was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Stage 7.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 February 1955!
Which were the important events of 13 February 1955 ?
- Scott Smith: rock bassist (Loverboy - "Get Lucky").
- Joe Birkett: American lawyer judge and politician.
- KRCG TV channel 13 in Jefferson City, MO (CBS) begins broadcasting
- Israel acquires four of seven Dead Sea scrolls.
- Patty Berg wins LPGA Saint Petersburg Golf Open.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 13 February 1955
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1955 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Four Aces - Melody Of Love
- (My Baby Don't Love Me) No More - DeJohn Sisters
- The Penguins - Earth Angel (Will You Be Mine)
- The Ames Brothers - The Naughty Lady Of Shady Lane
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?