Monday 13 February 1956
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Richard Eden and Princess Alia bint Al Hussein.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to The Great Pretender by The Platters.
In UK Sixteen Tons by Tennessee Ernie Ford was in the top 5 hits.
The Ladykillers, directed by Alexander Mackendrick, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Ten North Frederick by John O'Hara was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Cinépanorama.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 February 1956!
Which were the important events of 13 February 1956 ?
- Richard Eden: Actor (Brick-Santa Barbara, Solar Crisis, Robocop).
- Princess Alia bint Al Hussein: Jordanian Royal Family member.
- Yiannis Kouros: Greek-Australian runner.
- Alia: Princess Alia bint Al Hussein of Jordan.
- Liam Brady: Irish footballer and manager.
- Peter Hook: English singer and bass player (Joy Division New Order Freebass Revenge and Monaco)
- Jan ?ukasiewicz: Polish mathematician (Born 1878).
- KYW-AM in Philadelphia Penn gives calls to WTAM (now WWWE) Cleveland
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 13 February 1956
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1956 ?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?