Friday 13 February 1959
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of February people in US were listening to Stagger Lee by Lloyd Price.
In UK One Night / I Got Stung by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
The Journey, directed by Anatole Litvak, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while From The Terrace by John O'Hara was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1959.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 February 1959!
Which were the important events of 13 February 1959 ?
- Richard Eden: American actor.
- Gord Hampson: Canadian ice hockey player.
- Gaston Gingras: National Hockey League defenceman.
- William L Axt: Composer, dies at 70.
- Barbie doll goes on sale
- Miro Cardon, premier of Cuba, resigns.
- TAT-2, ATampT's second Trans-Atlantic telephone cable, goes into operation.
- Fidel Castro becomes Premier of Cuba.
- A blizzard causes a massive power outage in Newfoundland.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Lloyd Price - Stagger Lee
- The Crests - 16 Candles
- Ritchie Valens - Donna
- The Platters - Smoke Gets In Your Eyes
- Bill Parsons - The All American Boy
- Connie Francis - My Happiness
- Jackie Wilson - Lonely Teardrops
- Billy Grammer - Gotta Travel On
- Jack Scott - Goodbye Baby
- Reg Owen and His Orchestra - Manhattan Spiritual
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?