Saturday 13 February 1971
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jim Reid and Shelly Hammonds.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to One Bad Apple by The Osmonds.
In UK My Sweet Lord by George Harrison was in the top 5 hits.
Get Carter, directed by Mike Hodges, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while Islands In The Stream by Ernest Hemingway was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Dave Allen at Large.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Computer Space or The Oregon Trail.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 February 1971!
Which were the important events of 13 February 1971 ?
- Jim Reid: NFL tackle (Houston Oilers).
- Shelly Hammonds: NFL safety (Minnesota Vikings).
- Mats Sundin in Bromma: Sweden; NHL center (Team Sweden, Toronto Maple Leafs).
- Tommy Dreamer: Wrestler.
- Natalya Pasichnyk: Pianist.
- Sonia : British singer
- Matt Berninger: American singer-songwriter (The National)
- Galen Gering: American actor
- Mats Sundin: Swedish ice hockey player
- Todd Williams: US baseball pitcher (Los Angeles Dodgers).
- Golfing VP Spiro Agnew hits 2 tee shots into crowd, injuring 2
- Vietnam War: Backed by American air and artillery support, South Vietnamese troops invade Laos.
- Decimalisation Day: ndash The United Kingdom and Ireland both switch to decimal currency (see also decimalisation).
- Protesting Belgian farmers bring 3 live cows to crash the EEC meeting in Brussels.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?