Friday 13 February 1976
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican). In that special week of February people in US were listening to 50 Ways To Leave Your Lover by Paul Simon.
In UK December '63 by The Four Seasons was in the top 5 hits.
Taxi Driver, directed by Martin Scorsese, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1976
while Curtain by Agatha Christie was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1976.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 February 1976!
Which were the important events of 13 February 1976 ?
- Martin Sastre: Uruguayan artist.
- Feist : Canadian singer-songwriter and guitarist (By Divine Right and Broken Social Scene).
- Jörg Bergmeister: Jörg Bergmeister German race car driver.
- Dave Padden: Canadian singer-songwriter and guitarist (Annihilator and Terror Syndrome).
- Martín Sastre: Uruguayan director and screenwriter.
- Peter Casserly of New Zealand hand-sheers record 353 lambs in 9 holes.
- Dorothy Hamill wins Olympics figure-skating gold, Innsbruck, Austria.
- Lily Pons, French/US soprano/opera diva (Metropolitan Opera), dies at age 71.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1976 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Paul Simon - 50 Ways To Leave Your Lover
- Donna Summer - Love To Love You Baby
- Hot Chocolate - You Sexy Thing
- Rhythm Heritage - Theme From S.W.A.T.
- Earth, Wind & Fire - Sing A Song
- Barry Manilow - I Write The Songs
- Ohio Players - Love Rollercoaster
- The Miracles - Love Machine (Part 1)
- Neil Sedaka - Breaking Up Is Hard To Do
- Electric Light Orchestra - Evil Woman
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?