Wednesday 13 February 2008
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Low by Flo Rida.
In UK Now You're Gone by Basshunter featuring DJ Mental Theo's Bazzheadz was in the top 5 hits.
Step Up 2: The Streets, directed by Jon M. Chu, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while Duma Key: A Novel by Stephen King was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Talking Metal.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Aquanaut's Holiday: Hidden Memories or Conflict: Denied Ops.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 February 2008!
Which were the important events of 13 February 2008 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 13 February
- Roger Voisin: Trumpet player, Boston Symphony (Born 1918).
- US President George Bush signs a law for individual tax rebates and temporary investment incentives worth US$168 billion.
- Australian Prime Minister Kevin Rudd makes a historic apology to the Indigenous Australians and the Stolen Generations.
- The United States Senate passes legislation to ban the Central Intelligence Agency from using certain interrogation methods including waterboarding. (AFP)
- Former Major League Baseball pitcher Roger Clemens testifies to the United States House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform regarding performance enhancing drugs. (ESPN)
- The Iraqi Parliament adopts an accord on the budget, detainees and federalism, setting provincial elections for late 2008. (AP via Google News)
- The Swedish government rejects the Nord Stream underwater natural gas pipeline from Russia to Germany. (The Local)
- Hezbollah commander Imad Mugniyah is killed by a bomb attack in Damascus, Syria. (Reuters)
- Ch K-Run's Park Me In First, a.k.a. Uno wins Best in Show at the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show, the first beagle to win the show. (ESPN)
- An explosion in Vancouver, British Columbia destroys a Starbucks and Taco Del Mar. Police report arson, originating in the taco restaurant. (Canadian Press)
- Malaysian Parliament dissolved for The 13th Malaysian general election. (BBC News)
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 2008 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?