Friday 13 February 2009
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of February people in US were listening to My Life Would Suck Without You by Kelly Clarkson.
He's Just Not That Into You, directed by Ken Kwapis, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Last Straw by Jeff Kinne was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Freedom Watch with Judge Napolitano.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Ace Combat Xi: Skies of Inscursion or Caucasus: Nanatsuki no Nie.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 February 2009!
Which were the important events of 13 February 2009 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 13 February
- Edward Upward: British novelist and short-story writer (Born 1903).
- The U.S. House of Representatives approves (246-183) a US$787 billion package of spending (64 percent) and tax cuts (36 percent).
- The United States Congress approves the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009. (BBC)
- Zimbabwe's Republic Police charge Roy Bennett of the Movement for Democratic Change with treason. (BBC)
- The Peanut Corporation of America files for Chapter 7 bankruptcy and liquidation. (Reuters via ''Forbes'')
- Germany's economy shrank by 2.1 percent in the fourth fiscal quarter of 2008. (AFP via ABC News Australia)
- A suicide bomber kills 40 people and injures 60 others in Karbala, Iraq. (AP via Fox News)
- China's government urges Yves Saint Laurent's estate to return two Qing Dynasty sculptures scheduled for auction in Paris. (Bloomberg)
- Australia's Senate approves a $42-billion economic stimulus package. (BBC)
- Israeli Defense Forces in the Gaza Strip discover grenades made by Hamas from humanitarian supplies. (''Jerusalem Post'')
- Germany's Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology and the United States' 454 Life Sciences map the Neanderthal genome. (AP via Google News)
- Lloyds Banking Group warns that HBOS wil register a loss of £8.5 billion for 2008. (Sky News)
- Unix time equalled ampquot1234567890ampquot at 23:31:30 UTC. (''The Times'')
- British Airways CityFlyer Flight 8456 crash-lands at London's City Airport. (RTÉ)
- A passenger train derails in Bhubaneswar, Orissa, India, killing at least 15 people and injuring 150 others. (Thaindian News)
- The Air Accident Investigation Unit finds that Virgin Atlantic Airways' Airbus A340s contain faulty electrical wiring. (AAIU)
- Six crew members are missing after China's MV ''Changhai 178'' capsizes in the South China Sea. (Xinhua)
- At least 40 FDLR members are killed in airstrikes in the Democratic Republic of the Congo. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 2009 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?