Sunday 13 February 2011
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Grenade by Bruno Mars.
Just Go with It, directed by Dennis Dugan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while Tick Tock by James Patterson, Michael Ledwidge was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Checking In.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Battlefield 3 or Chaos Code.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 February 2011!
Which were the important events of 13 February 2011 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 13 February
- India plans to withdraw 10,000 troops from Jammu and Kashmir this year and renew peace talks. (''Hindustan Times'')
- Iraq War: Jeremy Paxman faces being punished by the BBC after being judged to have violated the corporation's strict impartiality rules by writing an article for ''The Guardian'' in which he stated that Tony Blair's ampquotliesampquot had led Britain to war with Iraq. (''Daily Mail'')
- 2011 Yemeni protests:
- People in Yemen march on the presidential palace in Sana'a in an attempt to bring down Ali Abdullah Saleh. (''The Asian Age'')
- Police block the protesters who shout slogans such as ampquotThe Yemeni people want the fall of the regimeampquot and ampquotA Yemeni revolution after the Egyptian revolutionampquot, as Saleh postpones a visit to his United States allies ampquotdue to the current circumstances in the regionampquot. (Xinhua)
- Other 2010–2011 Arab world protests:
- Opposition leaders in Iran call for nationwide anti-government rallies on Monday, in attempts to mimic the recent Tunisian and Egyptian revolutions. (Al Jazeera)
- Bahrain's security forces monitor the people as opposition groups call for protests tomorrow. (Al Jazeera)
- Egypt's army suspends the constitution and dissolves parliament with elections due in six months as people promise to continue demonstrating. (Al Jazeera)
- Tunisia's foreign minister Ahmed Ounaies resigns over controversial compliments he paid to his French counterpart Michèle Alliot-Marie which angered people in Tunisia. (Al Jazeera)
- U.S. military commander Admiral Mike Mullen visits Israel to ampquotdiscuss security issues of mutual concernampquot according to The Pentagon. (Al Jazeera)
- Women against Berlusconi:
- Tens of thousands of women hold nationwide protests in 200 cities against Prime Minister of Italy Silvio Berlusconi, whom they say has damaged the standing of women with his string of sex scandals. (''Herald Sun'')
- Solidarity protests by women abroad also occur, including one outside the Italian consulate in Tokyo. (''Indian Express'')
- 18 people are injured after a car bomb is detonated in Yala, Thailand. (Al Jazeera)
- The International Red Cross states that the Colombian FARC rebel group has released its fourth captive over the past few days but failed to release two others. (AP via ''Minneapolis Star-Tribune''
- Egypt's Minister of State for Antiquities Zahi Hawass says several pieces have been stolen from the Egyptian Museum during the revolution. (Xinhua)
- A giant Andy Scott sculpture is knocked over in a car accident in Tullibody, Clackmannanshire. (BBC)
- Bono Boer controversy:
- Irish pop star Bono walks into a ampquotpolitical minefieldampquot in South Africa after apparently endorsing a song with the lyrics: ampquotShoot the Boerampquot, a song currently appearing before the country's highest court. (''The Sydney Morning Herald'')
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 13 February 2011
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?