Wednesday 13 January 1909
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Danny Barker and Quentin Jackson.
Le paralytique, directed by Louis Feuillade, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
while The Inner Shrine by Anonymous (Basil King) was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 January 1909!
Which were the important events of 13 January 1909 ?
- In Sweden, Christmas ends on the 20th day, St. Knut's Day. Children celebrate a party throwing out the Christmas tree (julgransplundring).
- Danny Barker: jazz guitarist.
- Quentin Jackson: American jazz musician.
- Marinus Lubbe: Dutch labourer, radical activist and communist.
- Olin Wilson: American astronomer best known for his work as a stellar spectroscopist.
- Helm Glöckler: German race car driver (d. 1993).
- Marinus van der Lubbe: Dutch communist accused of setting the Reichstag fire (Born 1909)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 13 January 1909
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1909 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- If You'll Remember Me - Henry Burr
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
What news were making the headlines those days in January 1909?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?