Thursday 13 January 1916
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Green-Eyed Monster, directed by J. Gordon Edwards, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
while Seventeen by Booth Tarkington was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1916.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 January 1916!
Which were the important events of 13 January 1916 ?
- In Sweden, Christmas ends on the 20th day, St. Knut's Day. Children celebrate a party throwing out the Christmas tree (julgransplundring).
- Osa Massen: Copenhagen, Denmark -- Actress (Jack London, Rocketship XM).
- Bella Lewitsky: choreographer.
- Øivind Eckhoff: Norwegian pianist and music teacher.
- Marie Weill-Halle: Le Bouscat physician.
- WWI: The Battle of Wadi occurs between Allied British and Ottoman Empire forces, during the Mesopotamian campaign in modern-day Iraq.
- In Browning, Montana, the temperature drops from +6.7°C to -48.8°C (44°F to -56°F) in one day, the greatest change ever on record for a 24-hour period.
- ''Brushaber v. Union Pacific Railroad'': The Supreme Court of the United States upholds the national income tax.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1916 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- I Think We've Got Another Washington (Wilson is His Name) - Peerless Quartet
- America, I Love You - Sam Ash
- When You're in Love with Someone Who is Not in Love with You - Henry Burr & Helen Clark
- Noche Serena (Calm Night) - Emilio DeGogorza
- They Didn't Believe Me - Walter Van Brunt & Gladys Rice
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?